Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friends and Catching Up on Life!!!

Okay so it is great to run into old friends, even if it is just on the Internet and you can catch up on their lives that way. I couldn't believe how much time flies since we have all left school. I usually just read Terra (Bigler) Lunt's blog and catch up on everyone there, but today someone found me. It was Janae, I couldn't believe it, I haven't seen her since the summer time before we both had our little girls. So almost two years ago, and we only live an hour and fifteen minutes away from each other!! I just can't believe how much everyone has changed and that we all have kids now and the fact that life keeps going. I guess it is one of those moments for me where you just take a look at your life and just pause and say, "Oh my gosh, look at what's been going on!!!"
So it is 3:21 in the morning, and you are probably wondering why I am up? Well we are definitely getting used to the breastfeeding routine, but now I just can't go back to sleep which is really odd, and also the fact that we finally have moved back over to our home. So I am getting used to our little home again. (We were living with Mom and Dad due to me having so many complications with Mr. Gatlin!!!) It is so nice to have it, and I am starting to feel alive again with energy, but I still need those little naps to get me through the day!!!
So everyone is asking how Mrs. Daya is handling being a "Big Sister"? Well she is actually doing quite well. She has only bit her brother twice, and sat on him a couple of times, but other than that, they are like two peas in a pod. So we went to church on Sunday, and trying to get the two kids ready plus myself was a little bit of a chore, but we managed only being about 25 minutes late, so I was quite impressed considering I finally got up from my morning nap at about 8:30, so I thought we were doing good! We anyways I get out of the shower and then Chris and Daya get in and that gives me time to kind of get ready, then Chris sends Daya out and I get her on the bed. Well Gatlin was laying on the bed and what does she do? She cuddles up right next to him like they were two peas in a pod, it was so dang cute. She does love her brother so much!!!
Well I guess I better try to get some sleep before my little bear wakes up and wants to eat again, but it was great to get caught up on other peoples blogs!!!
Love ya all - The Lewis Family

3 comments:

Janae said...

Spit! It is so good to talk to you. Like you said, catch up with friends even via internet! What would we do without our computers?!

Jory and Chani said...

Whitney! I'm so proud of all the blog friends you have!

~love the Grif's said...

Hey Whit! Glad to see your little one made it here and everything is okay. Just found your blog and am excited to keep up with your life! *hugs*